Wednesday 28 September 2011

"Watching the river" Initial Ideas


I wanted to keep this poem quite simple and classic, although it's not a old poem, it's fairly new the wording and mood of the poem s quite classic clam and picturesque. I don't want to ruin it by making it look modern and 'fancy.' I think it's one of those poems where you appreciate the wording and not take notice of the type. I chose Georgia in these designs, although its a newish font although it was designed for screen, i think it works well in a large scale, with the nice curved serifs, it's pleasant on the eye. I am going to experiment with colours as the black is very dull and too simple? I think using a colour to reflect the thames of the scenery around the thames. I'm more drawn to Idea 1 and 2, there quite classically laid out, 2 was to represent the flow of the thames a more liquid effect as the poem is visual representation of the thames, so I thought of subtly showing this rather than something obvious. Whereas Idea 1 is set quite classically and simple which I quite like but when i think of the location of the poem and the scale I don't think it would particularly draw me in, maybe if it was engraved onto a slab it may look better but I would have to reconsider the type choice as it would have to be ore traditional like a serif type. I think I'm going to develop Idea 2 as it has the right 'ora.'

No comments:

Post a Comment