Wednesday 28 September 2011

Finals (evaluation)


Finals
Serene yet strong...
For this poem I really wanted use strong contrasts to show the comparisons made in the poem, I feel I have met the brief by using no images and a pure typographic based piece reflecting the feel and content of the poem. If I could improve this piece i would think of maybe another typeface or point size for the 'yet' I am happy with the layout but no matter what I tried nothing to seem to work and this was the best option, If I had more time i would of reworked this for my portfolio I will try and work this out. My time keeping for the overall Project was a slow start I think I found it difficult to find a poem i was really interested in and related to, so towards the end I was a bit rush although I think the outcomes would have been similar. I think I have improved my quality of research I felt this time it really did influence me and references given my Sancha and Tim were really interesting and lead me to collate my own research. Although I have to say this was my first blogged project, Next time I think I am going to go in the middle ground and use sketchbook and blog, as I find blogging so much easier and helpful when it comes to research and the final developed process but when generating ideas I think I have lacked work in this area. "Fog..." This poem was one of those where you get the idea so early and no research really has inspired you for it, although this is only considered for the header. For the poem type I laid it out more traditionally and spacious. I used uppercase to balance it out with the bold header.I kept this simple as I wanted  to subtly reference fog and I felt this has been done without being too obvious.
"River.." This I have to say was the one that got left out, I got a mind block with it and It's one of those annoying things where the idea springs into mind 4 days before the deadline which was the best of plans but I'm glad I did as I am really happy with it. Ideally I need to structure my time through the project so I can get the best out of my the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment