Wednesday 28 September 2011

Poem 1 - Initial Ideas

  • "Watching the river"  My initial thoughts for this poem was too keep it simple and position it over looking the thames, this poem is very descriptive so ideally I wanted to let the poem do the talking. So in this design I kept it extremely simple with a classic header in georgia, a fairly knew typeface designed for the web but used just as well in print. I feel this is one of my weakest designs and will have to re-think my approach. I'm still confident or set on having it positioned over looking the thames so you can relate to the poems descriptions to the actual Thames. I used Georgia a simple type so that it wouldn't give you an impression of the thames as the poem creates that imagery in your head. Overall I think that this idea is weak, there really is no justification for the type and needs tinkering.
  • Interim Crit (feedback) 
  • Change type or colour (not many fans of georgia)
  • Move header down consider scale and how it is going to be read.
  • Try Baskerville?
  • Section off the poem .
  • Spacing and composition needs re-thinking.



No comments:

Post a Comment