Wednesday 28 September 2011

"Watching the river..." developed

 I looked into using clarendon for an alternative as they have a similar style with the curved serifs which drew me into using Georgia, but the more I looked and thought about it this design just wasn't working, I wanted to keep it simple but not boring, so I changed the title to blue to lift the design up a bit, and set the poem in a concrete pome style not to the particular style of the thames but the idea of wavy river, to give the connotation of a flowing river or even water, using the blue would help people connote this. I then straight after placing this on thought of another composition which I will now have a play around with, still toying with the idea of keeping it classic but there is nothing stopping me using a larger type set and perhaps a serif typeface if i set it in a classic way? I think setting the header in uppercase set this idea off.

No comments:

Post a Comment